Non-Profit- Community Services
San Fernando Valley
Jan 2008 – Present
- To develop a strategic plan to chart the organization’s direction for the upcoming 3-5 years.
- To establish accounting systems, policies, and procedures, and set up infrastructure to complete financial record keeping.
This startup had an enthusiastic group of young professionals dedicated to providing community services via interfaith activities, development of the arts, and projects to foster cultural unity and awareness in the greater community. They required a business-like approach to planning and development to enable them to function in an accountable way. Donors would be attracted by their sound business practices and transparency, and be able to examine up-to-date records.
- Mohamed Noohu is currently the board member responsible for finance and fundraising.
- We developed a component strategic plan with fellow board members that is being implemented.
- We established financial accounting and policies and procedures to run monthly and annual financials.
- We appointed a CPA to audit and ensure form 990 is filed correctly.
- In March, we chaired a fundraising project showcasing young artists and raised $30,000.